Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dolores Claiborne trailer

Did she killer her?   I don’t think Delores killed her, I think she wanted to kill Vera.  I think she had enough time to realize Vera’s motive for convincing Delores to kill her husband was really selfish.  Vera didn’t want to be alone.   Delores came to understand there was such a thing as redemption, that her husband could have been helped had he remained alive.  I think Delores decided Vera made her kill her husband and she wasn’t going to let Vera talk her into killing the conspirator who had already killed her own husband, Vera.

Why did the writer not let her kill Vera?  

I thought Kathy Bates was so compelling in this film you could hardly focus on anyone else.   Leigh, Strathairn (who I personally think is another of those really good actors who doesn’t get enough recognition), Plummer, Reilly, Parfitt and the rest of the cast made this story come to life.