Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Burlesque…

Writer:  Steve Antin – Director:  Steve Antin

Actors:  Cher,  Christina Aguilera, Stanley Tucci, Cam Gigandet, Kristen Bell, Julianne Hough, Eric Dane, Glenn Turman, David Walton, et al.

I saw this at the theater. Loved the film, the theater screen made it look somewhat fuzzy but it was awesome seeing Cher on the big screen, my first. I thought the film and performances were great. It's not Moonstruck but it is a love story of many types. The film was low key and lacked a lot of the stressful tension and excitement I fear lots of younger generations of film goers have grown addicted to, with things flying at you and flashing at you from everywhere. I was expecting something more intense and tailored to a more adult audience but was pleasantly surprised at how well they presented the rough life of burlesque, that rough side having been portrayed in older films. Cher’s solo performances were fantastic especially Burlesque.   Haven’t Seen The Last of Me did better than I expected as the song was appropriate but seemed awkward to sing.   Aguilera and her talent were an awesome surprise not knowing much of her music until this film, she is up and coming in films it seems and I am sure we will be seeing more of the other young actors in this film.   I thought the film was enjoyably entertaining and there are some surprises. No blatant nudity.